witticisms by Jess Witty

June 14, 2013

Round Repeats

 
 
Hello there :)
 
We're smack in the middle of release week at Papertrey Ink and that means it's time for our second group post!  The design team is bringing you lots of inspiration featuring one of June's all new sets... Round Repeats.  {Just a reminder... Round Repeats and all of the other new products will be available at Papertrey Ink beginning June 15 at 10pm EST.}
 
It's such a simple concept for a set... lots of single images that can be repeated to create a larger single image.  The images are a mix of some clean and simple images and some more detailed images.  
 
Without further adieu...
 

Well, clearly I love a set if I pair it with all of my favorites!
Let's see, there's Soft Stone cardstock, white embossing powder, vellum, and even a wavy banner for good measure.

Apparently I'm giving Round Repeats the seal of approval ;)

I loved this image so much that I decided to start on my first project by simply filling up a panel with it. I stamped this panel without a stamp positioner, just using a gridded block for the image and my gridded ScorPal mat under the panel, and found it pretty simple to line up.  


A whole panel of Soft Stone cardstock with white embossing... love :)

Loved that modern pattern so much that I didn't really want to cover it up!
Insert wavy banner here ;)
(The sentiment is from the new Bigger Blooms set... you'll see that sentiment again tomorrow.}  
And seriously, I've used the Sketched Shapes banner die quite a few times for this purpose... might want to pick that up this time if you don't already have it ;)


 Next up, the same Round Repeats image in medallion form...

 
The upper panel was super simple to do - just stamp the image twice in gray and twice in orange. 
 
I debated about doing more of a multi-color medallion but I thought this one had a very elegant effect, especially when paired with one of the new Boutique Borders: Thanks sentiments.
 
Clearly, I wasn't quite ready to get rid of the elegant background from the first card, so I added just a touch of a gray on white pattern on the card base.  It just adds a bit of detail to this clean and simple card.
 

Speaking of, I was pleasantly surprised with all the clean and simple possibilities within this set.  It's actually a really good mix of images that create more detailed looks as well as images that go a bit more modern. 

It's also gives you the possibility for *lots* of larger images within the set... love that.

And there's lots more to love from the design team today.  Check 'em out...
Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman

So... thoughts?
I'm always interested in what you guys think of the releases :)



{Congratulations} card
Supplies not available now but available 6/15: 
Stamps - Round Repeats, Bigger Blooms
Supplies available now:
CS - Soft Stone, White, Vellum
Ink - VersaMark
Die - Sketched Shapes
Other - Filigree White and Gold embossing powders, gold sequins, adhesive pearls

{More Than You Know} card
Supplies not available now but available 6/15: 
Stamps - Round Repeats, Boutique Borders: Thanks
Supplies available now:
CS - White
Ink - Soft Stone, Summer Sunrise, True Black
 

22 comments:

Marcie Rhys said...

Your white on stone card is FABULOUS! It is simply one of the classiest I've ever seen. I love 'white on white', but it has never occurred to me to use the color Soft Stone to achieve the look. Really jaw droppingly gorgeous!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! Beautiful cards!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous cards, Jess! I wasn't anticipating wanting this set... but I really do!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Your cards are beautiful, I need a pouch with that golden pattern!!!!

cards by cara said...

You always make such gorgeous CAS cards - loooooooove this new set!

Larissa Heskett said...

SIMPLE ELEGANCE!! LOVING your cards for today!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Linda Nicholson said...

Lots of eye candy in your post today! You're the reason why I love Soft Stone! All your cards are serious stunners, but I have to say that the first CAS one is my favorite!

Linda

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning, you definitely have given this set your "stamp of approval" :)

TLady said...

Your first card Jessica is SOOO ELEGANT & MODERN!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S MY FAVORITE!!!!!! :) Your second card is SUPER TOO!!!!!! MODERN & CAS!!!! GORGEOUS WORK!!!!!!!! :)

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Love these cards - my favorites! The first is so elegant!

Anonymous said...

These are so elegant and look to be easy enough even for me!

Sandy said...

looks like peacock feathers

Susan Gosman said...

They're all beautiful - I am particularly drawn to the soft stone.

Anonymous said...

I really love the orange and gray card. It's so simple but elegant. I can't wait to get this set. It's fabulous.

Deb Hardy said...

Jess, you make me so glad that I just restocked my Soft Stone CS. Warning: I will be shamelessly CASing your awesome cards! Your use of color is always inspiring to me...combos that I wouldn't have thought of look amazing! Thanks for the share!

Gabby said...

Two wonderful cards! Like your designs. The first one, embossed on the soft stone is "royal!" The second one so is a great CAS style. Well done! :)

Carolynn said...

Bombdiggety!

Sharon said...

Such elegant and pretty cards!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant designs.
Thank you for the inspiration.

15pawsmom said...

Gorgeous congratulations card!

Petti said...

this is just gorgeous!

Kathy Mc said...

Thanks for the reminder to use my Soft Stone cardstock more often. Love the elegant results of both of your cards. Versatility is the name of the game with Round Repeats. Awesome cards, Jess!