witticisms by Jess Witty

December 15, 2012

Papertrey Ink December Release in Review!


It's beginning to look a lot like...
the end of December's Papertrey Ink release :)

And that means it's time to wrap it up by blitzing you with loads of project pics, right?



I always lead off with one of my favorites, so let's get the ball rolling with Quilled Elegance, shall we?

I so love all the possibilities with this one.  I went for a bit of a funky color scheme, picked right off of one of my pinterest color scheme pins.  Something along the lines of Enchanted Evening, Raspberry Fizz , Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, and Melon Berry.


 
I did my best to keep it lighthearted and just color randomly... I kinda think that as long as you like the colors together, you really can't go wrong with the coloring on this one. 
 
This image is one of my favorites... the upper and lower portions are just one image together so you stamp that first and then add in the sentiment.  The lines are straight every time that way... love.
 
 
My project using Framed Out #11 is totally different but still has lots of colors...
 

Enchanted Evening got a lot of play from me this time around :) 
This time I paired it with Raspberry Fizz, Soft Stone, and Pumpkin Pie (SU). 

My thought here was to start with a very heavy repetition of hearts (just one of the hearts from Framed Out #11) at the top of the card and have them tapering off and sort of falling gently toward the bottom of the card.  The last heart leads the eye right to the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #23...


That one just makes me happy... I so love a simple design :)


Moving right along... this cutie pie set (even has a cute name!)... Love Potion...

 
Takes me right back to Organic Chem, sophomore year ;)
 
I brought out my trusty watercolors on this one, stamping the beakers with a slight overlap so that I could mix the colors.  This set includes a few different images for filling in the bottom of the various beakers and bottles, but I wanted to use the watercolors so that I could really bring out that "mixed" area of green.
 
Is it just me, or does this set make anyone else think of The Big Bang Theory? {I know, I know... my second tv reference during this release.}
 

I think I'd like to make another one where the row of bottles and mixed colors goes all the way across the card... already working that idea out in my head ;)


Last up for this month, a little something using the new Sending My Love set...


I so love the sentiments in this set.  They're a bit more than your typical short sentiment (which I love) and the designs... totally loving them.

The white panel has a light background stamped with Herringbone with the sentiment in True Black Over that.  I added the little Orange Zest heart just for a an extra little pop of color.  It toally makes the card for me :)


It's time to wrap December up!  The rest of the team is doing just that, so check 'em out...
Nichole Heady
Cristina Kowalczyk
Erin Lincoln

Thanks for joinging me this time around! 
I've got a little trick up my sleeve for next week so I'll see you then ;)



{Thank You Kindly} card

Supplies not available now but available 10/15: 
Stamps - Quilled Elegance
Supplies available now:
CS - White, Soft Stone
Ink - True Black, Enchanted Evening, Copics

{Be Mine} card
Supplies not available now but available 10/15: 
Stamps - Framed Out #11, Think Big Favorites #23
Supplies available now:
CS - White
Ink - Enchanted Evening, Raspberry Fizz, Soft Stone, Pumpkin Pie (SU)

{Great Chemistry} card
Supplies not available now but available 10/15: 
Stamps - Love Potion
Supplies available now:
CS - White, Simply Chartreuse
Ink - VersaMark, Soft Stone, Simply Chartreuse, watercolors
Other - Cover Plate: Hexagon Die, Filigree clear embossing powder

{Tiny Things} card
Supplies not available now but available 10/15: 
Stamps - Sending My Love, Framed Out
Supplies available now:
Stamps - Background Basics: Herringbone
CS - White, Simply Chartreuse
Ink - Soft Stone, True Black, Orange Zest
 

4 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous - the Quilled Elegance is shouting my name, for sure :)

Yvonne said...

Great cards, great designs!
Greetings, Yvon

Kathy H said...

Wow! The colors really brightened up my day. Great ideas!

Cristina said...

You rocked these, Jess. I LOVE your colors this month. So yummy.