witticisms by Jess Witty

November 13, 2012

Stitched Sentiments



It's release week at Papertrey Ink and you know what that means... it's group post by the Design Team time :)

Today we're setting our sights on the all new set for November... Stitched Sentiments...
{Stitched Sentiments and all the other new release products will be available at www.papertreyink.com beginning November 15th.}

I grew up watching my mom cross stitch in the evenings... eventually she gave in to my pleading and let me get started on my own cross stitch projects next to her. This new set just brings all of those warm memories back.


I decided to jump right in and see if I could give this sweet set a bit of a clean and simple twist, so I focused on the larger stitched words in the set.

Adding a few actual stitches with simple embroidery floss gave it a littl umph.  I added one more detail by layering the main panel over card base impressed with the new Aida impression plate... such a simple detail, right?


Love how simple this one turned out... great for lots and lots of people.


Next up, I paired the sentiments with the coordinating embroidery hoop and banner dies...


For a warm touch, I pulled out my often used muslin and adhered it a white cardsock base using just spray adhesive.  I switched things up from my typical warmer color palette and pulled out some cooler colors for this one, namely Enchanted Evening and Simply Chartreuse.  Muslin is not completely flat, but is great for stamping on once you give it a sturdy cardstock base. 

I wound the sentiment banner around and behind the hoop image... it seems to rest well right near the bottom of the hoop.  My hoop got a special look by embossing the wood grain in powder blue and adding the little bow from Party Poppers to the top.



An extra little Aida impressed cardstock panel (yeah... this one's getting a lot of action around the ol' craft table... sort of a new basic for me...) and a few buttons serve as the finishing touches...


Simple and sweet... just the way I like my projects ;)

More Stitched Sentiments sweetness to come from the rest of the design team today...
Nichole Heady
Cristina Kowalczyk
Erin Lincoln
Back tomorrow with even more ;)



{Love You} card
Supplies not available now but available 10/15: 
Stamps - Stitched Sentiments
Other - Aida Impression Plate
Supplies available now:
CS - White, Rustic Cream
Ink - Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
Other - embroidery floss, needle tool

{Heart Smile} card
Supplies not available now but available 10/15: 
Stamps - Stitched Sentiments, Party Poppers
Die - Stitched Sentiments, Party Poppers
Other - Aida Impression Plate
Supplies available now:
CS - White, Simply Chartreuse
Ink - Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft, VersaMark
Other - vintage buttons, button twine, Zing Embossing Powder (American Crafts)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally love both of these beauties!! Love the CAS look of the first one, a little pop of color with the sentiment and the floss, and the second one is so fun, with the aqua hoop, and the layered buttons on the side! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy said...

Love the idea of the actual stitches on the first card! That impression plate adds that extra something, too!

Connie and Jack said...

Sweet cards Jess. I like that you placed a bow over the hoop hardware...clever!
-- Connie C.

Gabby said...

Nice cards, neat new set! Like the way you creatively used the three buttons with the border strip. :)

conil said...

Always enjoy seeing your projects, they're so elegant, simple and lovely. Really like seeing the new PTI release in action.

Mary Lou Kemp said...

Oh my, who would have thought to use a 'real' piece of muslin. What a great idea and I love how the card turned out. This is a super duper set and I can't wait for its release.

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous :)

Susan Gosman said...

Great work - love your use of the "real" stitches.