witticisms by Jess Witty

July 15, 2012

July Release in Review


It's about that time, folks...

the big ol' July release in review posts for Papertrey Ink where we get to show you all the rest of our projects from this month.

I think I'm going to start out with the faves this time...


The Sweet Life.

If you love Rosie Posie, then this is the set for you.  They are definitely my picks for all time favorite florals.  This flowers in this set are 3 step stamps... a solid layer first, then 2 different accent layers. 

I played around with a few different color combinations here.  The flower on the left has a base layer of Sweet Blush, a second layer of Summer Sun, and the last layer is Hibiscus Burst.  The flower on the right is Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, then Pure Poppy.


I added them to a very subtle pattern paper and stamped the sentiment above... totally loving the fonts in this one.  So pretty.  The patterned paper is popped up to allow room for the buttons to peek out from underneath.


I wasn't quite ready to put The Sweet Life away yet so next I tried them out with Mega Gracious Vases.  The scale of The Sweet Life flowers works really well with the vases...


The stem image is a simple one from the Daydreamer set. I stamped the stems first, then stamped the vase in VersaMark ink so that I could clear emboss it. I really love the vases with this look... that clear shiny finish is just perfect for a vase.

The sentiment from Signature Greetings II is snuggled right in next to the vase.  The flowers here are stamped with Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, and Orange Zest (left), and Summer Sun, Orange Zest, and Raspberry Fizz...



A little tip with this set... I like to ground the vases visually with a little something for them to sit on, so I added the strip of patterned paper and ribbon at the bottom. 


Next up is the Little Hot Rod set...


I combined the cutie pie plane image with the new Get to the Point dies... I was trying to emphasize that zooming feeling :)  The key to getting the white arrows to stand out is to use a Soft Stone card base.

Fun, right? This card just makes me happy.



This month also brings us a new installment of Heart-to-Heart...


What a sweet little pair of clouds.  I used a clear cardstock card base here.  The patterned paper is trimmed off to let part of that clear base show through. 

I die cut the cloud from the patterned paper and then adhered that panel down before I stamped the image. 
Just a fun way to really take advantage of the clear layer.



And one more before we go...


This new one is called Floral Foliage.  I thought a little pairing with Fabulous Frames die cut would be fun here. 

The tree top is die cut from some fun patterned paper and makes a nice resting place for some birdie friends from, Love Birds, an older PTI set.


Love that the sentiment from Floral Foliage is the perfect size for the Fabulous Frames die cut :)


All righty, folks... that's all she wrote for the July release :)

But there's still more to be seen with the rest of the design team...
Nichole Heady
Cristina Kowalczyk
{Erin Lincoln is taking a few months off to celebrate the arrival of baby Sully!}

Thanks for joining me this time around!
You guys always leave the most encouraging comments... thanks for being such sweet readers!


{Life is Sweet} card

Stamps - The Sweet Life
CS - White, Simply Chartreuse
PP - Crate Paper (Farmhouse collection)
Ink - Dark Chocolate, VersaMark, Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush, Summer Sun, Hibiscus Burst,
   Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Tea Dye Duo
Dies - The Sweet Life
Other - Buttons, button twine



{So Thankful} card
Stamps - Mega Gracious Vases, The Sweet Life, Daydreamer
CS - Soft Stone
PP - Crate Paper
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Summer Sun, Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss
Dies - The Sweet Life
Other - silk ribbon, Filigree clear embossing powder


{Zoom Zoom} card
Stamps - Little Hot Rod
CS - Soft Stone, White
Ink - Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Silver (Color Box)
Dies - Little Hot Rod, Get to the Point
Other - mini brad


{Under the Weather} card
Stamps - Heart-to-Heart #6
CS - White, Clear
PP - Raspberry Fizz stripes
Ink - VersaMark, StazOn Opaque Cotton White
Other - Hibiscus Burst felt
Dies - Heart-to-Heart #6, Love Lives Here


{Friend} card

Stamps - Floral Foliage, Love Birds
CS - White
PP - Woodgrain (Crate Paper Random Collection), Floral (Basic Grey Picadilly Collection)
Ink - Dark Chocolate
Die - Floral Foliage, Fabulous Frames

14 comments:

Jennifer K said...

All gorgeous cards, Jess. I think my very favorite has to be the last one. There's something about those colors and patterns that is really drawing me in. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jess said...

Oh wow i love your cards they are wonderful. i love the tree and the roses...

Cindy H. said...

You are such a creative lady. Your cards are just gorgeous!

June K said...

Lovely cards, Jess. Those love birds in the tree added so much to the card.

Jill Norwood said...

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration this month and always! Sure love those magnet frames from yesterday!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, cute, and perfect cards!

Kathy Mc said...

Another great release, Jess, and adorable cards. You've provided us with some new techniques/tricks here.

DIANA L. said...

I have no idea which one to get they are all awesome. Your cards are so inspiring.

jintyoo7 said...

Eeeek, brilliant :) Love, love, love!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards and I love the innovative ways you have used the stamps.
Blessings
Maxine

Amy Johnson said...

All our fabulous, but my favs are the flowers in the vase, the airplane (love the arrows), and the last card. Love the frame and how you did the tree.

Marlena M. said...

I was fine until I saw your gorgeous creation with the fabulous frame and tree top. Now I HAVE TO HAVE....such a great look! Thank you for all your inspiration. ;)

Winter said...

Love these card! :)

Anonymous said...

Methinks I should forbid myself from looking at both you and BV's release posts. They are deadly to the old pocketbook... just saying. ;) :)
Adore your projects, Jess.
Dig you, too.