witticisms by Jess Witty

April 15, 2012

April Release in Review

All righty, folks...
it's the big one.

All the marbles.
Picture upon picture.

That's right...
April's Papertrey Ink Release in Review post!  We're bringing you all of our remaining projects from this month's release, so get ready... there's a lot to see here!

Brian suggested that I make this a mime post.
As in... no words, only pictures.
I told him that would be impossible. 
IMPOSSIBLE.
I mean, I told him that after I full-on laughed at the very thought :)

So here we go!  I think you'll recognize part of this first one...


Yup.  That's right.  I was holding one last idea out on you from my last post.
Sneaky, sneaky :)

I totally pictured these lollipops when I first saw the new Tagged Sentiments set. I just traded the strawberry plans for embellished lolliplops :) This makes a super cute snack and favor set for a little birthday party, right?? (For those who haven't read my last post, the treats in the seedling cups are actually chocolate covered strawberry rice krispie treats.)



I snagged the pink and white swirled "whirly pop" type lollipops on a craft store clearance a little while ago and knew they would be perfect for this. (Side note... I also saw lots of small whirly pop type lollipops in color sets - I think 20 of 1 color in a box - at Party City this week while I was doing some birthday party reconnaissance.  Totally perfect for crafty gifts.) 

These came together super, super quick.  I stamped two different Tagged Sentiments images in Berry Sorbet for a total of eight images.  I used a circle punch to punch them all out.  They're sitting on top of a Limitless Layer die cut - I cut 8 of those in a few different patterned papers.  The last little detail are the little leaves.  I die cut the larger Turning a New Leaf die twice Simply Chartreuse patterened paper, then trimmed them down to just leaves.  That gave me plenty of leaves to add 2 to each lollipop. 

I love small-scale mass-production items like this.  I feel so... productive :)




Next up... Trendy Tree Tops...


I don't know if it's just because Maile and I hit it off from the very first moment we met, or if it's just that our design preferences are similar, but I have such a soft spot for her sets :)  This is definitely one of my favorites.  I wanted to show a slightly different take on the circles, so I stamped lots of them in Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, and Lavender Moon and punched them out with a variety of circle punches. 

I skewed the circles just a bit so that the punched images shows some of the image and some of the white space around it.  Love how it changes things just enough to give everything a totally different look :)




I stuck with Trendy Tree Tops when I added in the new Framed Out #3 and Think Big Favorites #15 sets.  You guys know I'm such a sucker sunshine sentiments so, yeah, I just added both of them :)


And, of course, a sunshine reference calls for use of the starburst from Nativity Silhouettes. (Have you bought that set yet, cause yeah... I use that one *all* the time, too.)

Love the extra little "hi!" from Framed Out.  Thinking that's going to be the perfect extra little detail on lots of cards. 





Moving on to Heart-2-Heart #3...


Sweet, right?  I so love the orange/pink monochromatics that PTI has going on right now!  I stamped 3 of the hearts from Heart-2-Heart #3 in Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, & Raspberry Fizz.  All that is topped off with another new sentiment from Think Big Favorites #15... love this set, too (obviously).

And now for a sweet little one..


I couldn't help myself... I just had to see if I could make this little guy fly and pull a little banner behind him :)  I little selective inking with a bit of scotch tape on the stamp did the trick nicely.  He's all done up in his finist Copic coloring, as well :)

To get the Tweet Talk banner to work on the picket fence you just have to lay the lined stamp on the block, then straighten it a bit width-wise to make it fit within the cross pickets on the fence.  To get the clouds effect I layed out a few die-cut clouds on the card, then sprayed with a Tattered Angels spray mist.  I love that effect.


And the last one for today... this cutie patootie Baby Face...


That blanket is just calling out to be made from felt, right??  To get the effect I just stamped the lined blanket image two times on some Aqua Mist felt in some light ink.  Cut the outer image out then use the 2nd stamped image to cut the upper portion of the blanket out.  Stack that one on top of the first (I used a little Score Tape between the layers.)

I added a tiny little pin to close up the blanket. 
And because it was just so darned cute.


The little Lower Script Alpha die makes for a perfect pairing with the "b is for baby" Baby Face sentiment.  I trimmed down the little connecting part of the "b" to leave a bit more room for the sentiment.  Love how it looks cut from patterned paper. 

So, there ya have it!  Lots and lots and lots of new goodies :)  And the other DT gals have lots and lots and lots more, too...

Nichole Heady
Danielle Flanders

Sooooo... thoughts?  You know I love to hear them :)
I'll be answering a few of the q's that have been left about some of the release projects thus far in a little post this week. 

I'm currently recoving from a long day of double-birthday partying (my oldest and youngest share a birthday :) so I'm going to recoup from that first :)

Thanks, everyone!  Happy April release!



{Flower Pot Seedlings} set
Supplies not available now but available 3/15: 
Stamps - Tagged Sentiment
Supplies available now:
CS - White
PP - Simply Chartreuse patterned paper pack; other PP from Crate
Ink - Hibiscus Burst
Die - Turning a New Leaf, Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" circle

{Hello You} card
Supplies not available now but available 3/15: 
Stamps - Trendy Tree Tops
Ink - Lavender Moon
Dies - Trendy Tree Tops
Other Supplies: various sized circle punches
Supplies available now:
CS - White
Ink - Summer Sun, Canyon Clay, VersaMark
Other - Filigree White embossing powder

{You Are My Sunshine} card
Supplies not available now but available 3/15: 
Stamps - Framed Out #3, Think Big Favorites #15
Dies - Trendy Tree Tops
Supplies available now:
Stamps - Nativity Silhouettes
CS - White
Ink - Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Aqua Mist

{Thank You Hearts} card
Supplies not available now but available 3/15: 
Stamps - Heart-2-Heart #3
Supplies available now:
CS - White
Ink - Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz

{You're Expecting} card
Supplies not available now but available 3/15: 
Stamps - Tweet Talk
Dies - Tweet Talk die collection
Supplies available now:
CS - White
Ink - True Black, Copics
Die - Clouds
Other - Patina spray mist (Tattered Angels)

{B is for Baby} card
Supplies not available now but available 3/15: 
Stamps - Baby Face
Die - Script Alphabet
Supplies available now:
CS - White
PP - Crate
Ink - Ocean Tides, Going Gray (SU)
Copic - Sweet Blush Copics
Other - Aqua Mist felt, Vintage buttons, silk ribbon

15 comments:

Beth said...

I love the felt bundling that baby up. So cute! Thanks for inspiring us every month. I truly love your style!

Cindy H. said...

Love all your amazing ideas!!

Crestajune said...

Your projects are always fabulous! I love your strawberry rice krispy treats with the lollipops, and the birdie with the banner... well, you know I just love them all! Thanks for inspiring me today! Hope your day is fantastic!

jintyoo7 said...

Amazing ideas! Love the all the designs and how you showcase them :)

bjmartin said...

Jess - you do make me laugh! Love "you are my sunshine Sunshine" - can never have too much sunshine in my book! Thanks for all the inspiration!

conil said...

Your blog is just a hoot. And your projects really appeal to me. You're a terrific designer.

Lani said...

I so love what you did with the circles from Trendy Trees and H2H#3. Actually, they are all great!

Elizabeth S. said...

Your ideas are so creative and such an inspiration. Love your projects!

Pendra said...

First your strawberry treats look so yummy and the presentation is AMAZING! I just adored the "You're Expecting" card and the banner is awesome flying high! Great work this week, what a wonderful release!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

marymac said...

All of your cards are beautifull. I think you have covered all the colors in the crayon box. I do love the felt for the baby card.

jan metcalf said...

Love your patterned circles and the sweet baby cards!!

Diane McVey said...

Your projects are fantastic! you have a great eye for design. I always enjoy your creations! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. Enjoy your week! :D

lexi said...

beautiful projects! i totally love the felt blankie for baby face - and replacing the b with the script die is the best!

Jill Norwood said...

Incredible projects! Love all of them! Love how you always come up with unique touches on your cards! You have a great design style!

Joan B said...

can always count on you for terrific ideas.